Carrie Bradshaw kind of said it best when she was explaining to Big that she just doesn’t naturally wake up looking her most fabulous. In fact, looking fabulous requires a lot of products as most ladies can attest to. While we 100% KNOW that feeling comfortable in our own skin is the most important factor in looking and feeling our best.. we are women. And we NEED our creams, serums, gels, sprays, powders, and potions to polish things off!
But as women, we do like to (pretend we) lead a fuss-free lifestyle. However,we have so much on our plates that it often becomes daunting to juggle it all. From school to work to dates to impromptu meetings to play, it can really stress a girl.
So from here on out, (unless you’re sporting a stylishly tiny tote) these are the essentials you NEED in your makeup bag to keep your day running seamlessly.
• On-the-go spot treatment. I use SHOUT wipes
and they are tiny little miracle workers.
• Hair ties. You never know when humidity will strike. Keep frizz at bay by always keeping a few on hand. My favorites? Emi Jay
• Floss. This is a no-brainer.
• Gum/breath mints. Interviews, dates, compact car rides. These babies could save lives.
• Bobby pins. I’m a bobby pin abuser often leaving them sprinkled here and there. (Somewhat similar to how Hansel and Gretel scattered breadcrumbs, I would imagine.) You never know when a messy bun will need adjustment, so keep these nearby.
• Pain reliever. A headache can change the best day to the worst. Don’t be the purse that sounds like a walking pharmacy, but definitely throw one bottle in just in case.
• Hair comb. A brush is cumbersome, but you definitely need something to tame your mane. A travel comb from Aerin
gets the job done, and it’s beautiful!
• Lipstick. A little color on your lips changes your whole look. Throw some on around 2:00 pm when you need a pick-me-up that somehow coffee can’t even deliver.
• Hand lotion. During the winter, creams are in themselves essentials. However, regardless of the time of year, hands indicate the first signs of aging. Stay moisturized! I use L’Occitane’s Cherry Blossom Hand Cream
. It smells wonderful and doesn’t leave a sticky residue.
• Powder. “Your t-zone is a little.. shiny.” Don’t be that girl. Keep powder handy. A light dusting is all you need! Clinique
is my go-to for powder. I’ve found that it provides the best coverage.
• Oil-blotting sheets. I think I said SHOUT wipes were miracle workers? I take it back. Oil-blotting sheets deserve that accolade. Say adios to brow, lip, and corners of the nose sweat and shine. Boscia
“I need stuff to look like this.”
So there you have it. The essentials you NEED in your makeup bag. Oh wait.. You need a makeup bag, too? How’s this Sonia Kashuk
Floral Print bag work for ya? It looks similar to the Tory Burch
Brigitte bag. The best part? It’s LOADS cheaper.