Over the years, I’ve learned things that have changed the way I function day to day. True “beauty hacks” that make each day easier, more affordable, and tremendously more sensible. Whether my family and friends have shared this knowledge, or whether I’ve learned it from a book, magazine, or online – I have incorporated many of these habits in my day to day life.
- Starbucks napkins make fantastic oil-blotting sheets. I once read their composition is similar to those of name-brand blotting sheets.
- A silver spoon in the freezer makes for a nice mini-facial. I hold the spoon underneath my eyes every morning to wake me up, and give me a jolt!
- Your eye cream in the freezer also adds to the luxuriousness of the spoon facial. Before you climb into bed, run to the freezer, and rub the cream on your under eyes. The tingling feels amazing! Like a facial!
- Hairspray can easily replace “Static-Guard”. Dust it lightly on the garment and your legs. Viola! No more stick.
- Rub deep moisturizing cream on your elbows, knees, and ankles before applying self-tanner. This dramatically reduces streaking, and overly-orange ‘bows.
- Before bed, drench your feet in Vaseline then slide them into your comfiest cotton socks. The next morning, your calloused heels and toes will be no more!
- To relax aching muscles, run a warm bath and add one cup of Epsom Salts. The magnesium and sulfate restore the body, and if you add a book and a few candles to the mix, it will restore your mind, too!
- If you’re in a pinch and don’t have time to really get your jewels glistening, a quick hand wash in a few drops of baby shampoo will surprisingly do the trick.
- Coconut oil does wonders for your locks. Soak your hair in the “precious” oil, concentrating on the ends. Leave in for a few hours, then wash your hair as usual. You will see immediate results!
- Now, the best for last. Throwing it WAY back to my Shirley Temple curly-q years, my mom recommends using sponge rollers all over your head, then daintily placing silk panties over the rollers. It doesn’t look foolish at all. You will surely get all the boys.
Have any beauty hacks of your own? Share them in the comment box below. I would LOVE to know!